Operations Apprentice– Fort Nelson, BC
About Cryopeak LNG Solutions Corporation: Cryopeak a leading distributor of LNG in Canada and provides equipment for production, transportation, onsite storage and dispensing. Cryopeak has recently constructed and is operating a New LNG Production Facility in Fort Nelson, BC. This project marks an important milestone for energy supply to Northern Canada. It allows communities and remote industries to secure a lower cost and a more environmentally sustainable fuel source. Cryopeak is ISO 9001 certified and has emergency response plans approved by Transport Canada. Cryopeak was founded in 2012 and is a portfolio company of BP Energy Partners, LLC. More info: www.cryopeak.com
The Benefits of LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) as a Fuel Source
LNG makes a difference. Not only is LNG cost effective and easy to Transport, but LNG is also not emission intensive like other energy sources. It is also a high quality, purer gas in comparison to normal pipeline gases. LNG is one of the cleanest and safest fuels. It is also very versatile in several sectors as an alternative source of clean fuel, displacing energy sources such as diesel and coal. Being a part of the LNG industry is exciting in that it promotes the benefits of LNG that cannot be ignored:
Ø Cost Effective
Ø Clean- when cooled, natural gas becomes LNG and is a cleaner fuel source to oil-based fuels, making it an environmentally responsible choice.
Ø Safe-LNG is non-explosive or flammable in its liquid state.
Position: Operations Apprentice| Full Time Position M-F 8:00-5:00
Start Date: Nov 1 2022
The Operations Apprentice is part of our LNG operations team in Fort Nelson BC. This position will report to the Operations Team in Richmond, BC. This role will support both the Tamaska LNG Plant, and the Transportation Hub in Fort Nelson, BC. This is a junior position with plenty of opportunity for learning and growth. You will bring a strong work ethic and team spirit to support daily operational activities including general labour, loading terminal operations, and maintenance or repair of equipment.
Essential Functions & Job Specification
- Ensures company policy is always followed in accordance with the Company ISO9001: 2015 Quality Management System.
- Responsible to report any safety issues, incidents, or gaps in the Quality Management System
- Responsible for supporting plant staff and transport ops staff with day to day activities as required
- Assists in scheduled maintenance work
- Attend truck loading operations and assist where required
- Carry out daily operation routines and upkeep of the gas plant.
- Assist with routine repairs
- Assist with troubleshooting
- Assist in record keeping
- Assist in major mechanical maintenance of the plant as required.
- Assist in Emergency Response and Environmental awareness
- Takes pride in maintaining site upkeep and appearance.
- Assist in receiving and storing parts and inventory
Here’s What you Bring:
- Mechanically inclined
- High School Diploma at minimum
- Recently graduated from a trade school or similar
- Collaborative, team player
- Detail oriented and able to spot errors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers including MSOffice applications is preferred.
- Prioritize safety on all work tasks
- Clean criminal record
- Ability to learn quickly
- Work well with others and independently
- Motivated and capable
- Comfortable and enjoys working outdoors, indoors and in all weather
- Positive demeanor
- Cares for colleagues and customers
- Class 5 Drivers Licence